Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Debutante!









“Mama I want to poo poo” Cheeky bom bom whispered to me few minutes before she was due to present the flower bouquet to the DYMM Sultanah Perak, Tuanku Bainun.


























Aisehman!!!

Racking my brain, I remembered from a distant memory of someone telling me an ancient Malay Archipelago mantra she would recite whenever she wants to control her urge to crap.

Desperately I whispered to cheeky bom bom to recite in her heart these words…

‘Kepala ke bawah bontot ke atas!"
Over and over again… *Snigger*

I didn’t know whether it actually worked or just a coincidence but at least my daughter was no longer grimacing in pain, clutching her tummy…whatever works right? Maybe it was just nervousness, what she described as pain was really ‘Butterflies in the Tummy’.

Anyway Mother’s Day celebration organized by mom was perfecto! The entourage of Royal Perak sisters came in full force accompanying their mummy dearest and their ‘just out of confinement’ sister in-law, Tuanku Zara, all looking drop dead gorgeous!











































Cheeky bom bom had a whale of time from her exposure to her first adult party even dancing poco-poco with the royalties and making new friends along the way.

Then the next day, old friends got together to celebrate the birth of a new born, ‘A.Zara’. Apparently ‘Zara’ seems to be a popular name these days.


















I had even joked with the ‘mama’ about giving birth early and the mother brushed off the comment confidently saying that in the past all her children popped out later than the due date. Imagine our surprise when eager little A. Zara made her entrance the very next day after I commented, 10 days earlier than expected!

Tu lah Ally McBeal, kan aku dah cakap… aku ni ada Daulat Bangsawan Bugis Nusantara! *smirking*

Now I wonder if the mantra can be introduced in the Yoga class as part of self cleansing?

“Ommm Kepala ke bawah bontot ke atas…. Kepala ke bawah bontot ke atas… Kepala ke bawah bontot ke atas….. Kepala ke bawah bontot ke atas…… Kepala ke bawah bontot ke atas……