Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Successor to my Alma Mater!

Yesterday I was genuinely humbled yet again by a friend.

Months ago, in passing I mentioned wistfully to a friend that I wanted cheeky bom bom to go to Convent school when she entered standard one next year. Realistically, I know it’s almost impossible due to the distance and the house address guideline thingy.

Yesterday the same friend surprised me by saying that she has pulled some strings and reserved a place for my daughter in the school. I was flabbergasted.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude that someone who is currently going through a terrible test of her life, yet can find the time to help me out (bearing in mind that I never ask for her help) without any ulterior motive.

I live by the Universal truth that what goes around comes around and that every one of your good or evil deeds will reward you tenfold. I must have done something right in the past to be blessed and surrounded with many good friends.

To Zira, you don’t know that I have a blog, but if you happened to come across this blog of mine one fine day, do know that this post is especially dedicated to you, a loyal and nice friend. This good deed of yours will come around one day back to you my friend! And mark my word that this storm you’re facing will pass by you soon. Hang in there!

And because of you, yesterday I decided to let my dearest eat the last spoonful of bubur pulut hitam even though I really, really wanted it.

Do you know that if you can count the numbers of really good friends (the kind that you can count on for anything), on one hand, than you are indeed one of the luckiest and richest person around?

So do you?

Anyway, regardless the fact that apparently in the Parliament last year, some exceedingly brilliant gentleman who had nothing better to do with his time and nothing to do in his community that this Sherlock had to point out that mission schools in Malaysia, such as Convent, La Salle and Methodist have crosses and statues representing the Christian faith in them….Well no shit.

And then there was the uneducated prick (same place, same time) had to butt in and mentioned that apparently "a father have alerted him that these missionary schools are not close during Raya"….Not close during Raya? Yeah right!

Whatever it is, come next year, my daughter will join her mother, her aunties, her grandmother and her great grandmother on becoming a member of the convent girls sisterhood!