Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Thread it like Ian Thorpe


Taking a bold step towards one of my new year’s resolution, we are now officially a member of a club. In a bid to have a healthier lifestyle in 2008, to shave off the extra trimmings, to reduce the diameter of our ‘love handles’… we have joined a club which offers all the facilities of a golf club minus the golf. I’m quite proud of myself at the moment mind you coz this is my very first club which I paid with my own hard earned dosh. Not a supplementary card from dad but MY OWN *patting myself in the back*

So you see, I really can’t be blamed for spending my every free moment at the club now can I? Although I have to admit a little secret…I have yet to use any other facilities apart from the huge pool. When it comes to swimming I’m a natural, I’m like a duck to water, like Britney to motherhood..Not!! more like Bush to oxymoronic public statements or like American Athletics to anabolic steroids… really! I really cannot avoid it.

I may have set my mind the moment I left the house that today I will at least try the gym or the cross training sessions but the moment I set foot at the club, I will walk straight to the pool like a fly into an ultra violet light….my will power is equal to a recovering alcoholic locked in a bar full of Bacardi. Only if ‘imagining’ oneself on the treadmill would lose calories, I’d be Twiggy by now!!

I have made a promise to myself to use the gym at least once a week before they enrol me into an honorary member of the ‘Dugong’ Club!! Snigger as much as you guys want, I WILL prove to you that 2008 will be a leaner and fitter year for me….


Can o not?? Sure Can One!!!