Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Academy Awards 2007

Being sleep deprived 2 nites before; I really wanted to get a good rest last nite. But alas, it was not meant to be Yes, I watched the Academy Awards last night. I did. I enjoyed it, particularly when I fell asleep at midnight and the show was still going on (hey, I had to get up and go to work this morning). But, no, I’m not being tongue-in-cheek or sarcastic, I did enjoy the show.

Earlier on, flicking the remote between NTV7 and Star Movies, I got very frustrated. Academy Awards on the feel good channel scheduled to end at 10.30pm which is just nice for me to catch up on my beauty sleep. Butttttt, apasal banyak sangat edit. Even the opening speech by Ellen DeGeneres was edited!

Due to the bad editing job, I had no choice but to settle for Star Movies which ended at 12.30pm. I have to point out the reasons for me not turning in early though:

1. I thought Ellen was really, really funny. She was able to keep me from turning the channel. I like that Ellen. Btw, I thought she proved to be the perfect Oscar host for the evening. She was delightfully uncontroversial and may have set herself up as the Oscar host for the next decade. Did Ellen make a mistake and say Penelope Cruz was from Mexico? I’m not sure; it went by too quickly for me to say definitively. Though it was a good thing that Ellen came out to clear up any misunderstanding and Penelope got more screen time, and that’s really all the publicity anyone could ever ask for.


2. I also loved those weird performers that made the designs with their body and weird sound effects singers. That were pretty cool! But that Tom Hanks? Not funny lor. Especially when Jack Black and Will Ferrell did such good job

3. Forest Whitaker and Martin Scorsese's acceptance speeches were priceless. Berair gak lah mata ni...

4. Will Smith’s son was gullible and cute. Geramnya, rasa nak picit pipi and tarik rambut dia.

5. It took 26 years, six directing nominations and two screenplay nominations, but Martin Scorsese finally has his Oscar. Righting one of Hollywood’s biggest oversights, the Academy Awards bestowed Martin Scorsese with a best-directing Oscar on Sunday night for The Departed. The movie also won best picture.

6. Overall, I thought that this time, Academy actually got the awards "right." There was nothing upsetting.

So here I am, reporting live from my office’s PC with my Panda’s eyes. Over and out!