Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!




Last Thursday, whilst relaxing after a full hectic 'mind and body spent' course in Langkawi, I stumbled upon a new reality show on 8TV called What Women Want. Being the ever curious TV addict that I am (and female to boot!), I tuned in, of course. Hosted by Hannah T, the premise of the show was to answer the age old question: What do women really want in a man? After watching for sometime, I had to give the guys an ‘A’ for effort any day. But here’s the thing, is there really a possibility of a guy incorporating every feature and characteristic that every woman on this planet wants in their man? I mean, just think about it. No two women are alike. There are ladies who long for a tall, dark and handsome knight to ride up to their doorstep and sweep them off their feet while there are some who fall head over heels for the simple guys next door. I know a couple of girls who like their men to be commanding and in control all the time, while some of my other friends prefer nice quiet guys who listen more than they talk. I won’t deny that I was a superficial as they come in my younger days. If you’d asked me what I wanted in a man then, I would have said a Brad Pitt look alike. I loved pretty boys, the prettier the better!

I knew what I wanted from a man long before I met my dearest. I fine tuned my list based on my own experience and that of my friends. By the time my dearest came along, I was pretty sure that I knew exactly what I wanted.

Anyway I have listed then some of the must have qualities for my potential Mr. Right. And here they are:

1.Respect – someone who respect me as I would him
2.Great communicators & listener: - Ability to wow me with his intelligence and get along well with people whilst being able to listen to my yakkity yak
3.Sexual satisfaction – someone who understand my wants and needs and I will give him as much as he gave me
4.Honesty, trustworthy & loyal – need I say more?
5.Patience, calm & relax – definitely a must!
6.Great with his elderly and other family members – I think you can judge a man by the way he treats his family
7.Must love kids – for him to be a fantastic father
8.Dependable – again, do I need to say more?
9.Tall – he must be at least 5’11 so that my future children will be tall unlike me
10.Pleasant voice – I love deep tone voice, turns me on big time!

If you asked 10 women to come up with a list, they would have other wants that don’t appear in mine. This is after all, my list! However I’m pretty sure that if you took a closer look at the other lists, you’d find the same qualities in the majority of them. When you think about it, it really isn’t difficult to comprehend why women look for certain qualities. I guess the question here would be: “Are there men that fit the bill?” one certainly hopes so….I know that I got lucky with my dearest. He is the man of my dreams!

So to my dearest, Happy Valentine’s Day, my love!!!


p/s to all my friends and family too, Happy Valentine's Day.....