Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Monday, February 19, 2007

New job, new skills, new expectation....






























After nearly 2 weeks of grueling team building activities, Im finally back into the arms of my loved ones, in one piece I might add, albeit being badly burnt by the sun. So here I am, recuperating from the peeling and what not, typing away the tiredness, the stress, the stored up creative juice, the pent up feeling of not being able to blog for 2 weeks, when a waved of sadness suddenly engulfed me. The truth is, I miss the comradeship that I have shared with my fellow course mates, I missed the crazy brilliant bunch of people whom I’m proud to call my colleagues.

For 2 weeks, 30 of us, all from different departments, different backgrounds and different cultures, came together conquering the whole Boeing 737 MAS airline all the way from KL to Langkawi, work together, brain storm together, played together, all for a common goal, which is to equip ourselves with some necessary skills before we each go our separate tasks to help sustain Malaysia's stable economy.

By day, we had to endure activities upon activities under the watchful eyes of our multi talented facilitator but mind you, always in fun.








































By late afternoon and night, we concocted our own activities, always as a group, be it water polo, volleyball, karaoke, other sporting activities and even barbequing, enjoying our organization’s beautiful resort and all its offerings.

























On the last day, we had to present all that we have learned to our seniors and that went well. We capped off our presentation with a group's song, 'Standing in the eyes of the world' by Ella which we felt best represented us the new staffs of such an esteemed organization.

But all that, could not come close to the elated feeling of being one of the 6 selected participants to dine with the most powerful woman in Malaysia whose brilliant mind known world over. Me, who is known as a chatter box was temporarily rendered speechless to the extend of almost swooning with faint when I first discovered that I have to sit right across from her! ME!!! I don’t exactly know what I did to deserve such honour but believe me, it is something that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I was seriously lucky coz no.1; very few colleagues can boast of having to sit with her in one table and no.2, for a number of years since this course was introduced for new comers, she had only once had the time to join the lunch invitation. We were truly lucky if you ask me! What did we talk about you ask? Oh hush….probably someday I will divulge here but for now, I have to admit that I am truly proud of myself for having successfully dine with her without making an ass out of myself and later was told that she had called us as being zesty and feisty bunch of people… make one feel good….. no?