Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Knight in shining armour anyone?

Last Friday, as I was enjoying the unusual smooth ride home, one policeman suddenly stopped the traffic flow. The reason? Because there was a young boy wanting to cross the road and there was neither traffic light nor a bridge in sight. And this alert policeman (I guess on his way back home too) upon noticing this boy’s predicament, took unto his lawful hand to stop his journey and help out another being. To some of you, you might think why the heck am I highlighting such an insignificant event. He’s just doing his job…right… But the truth is, it is quite uncommon to see a simple deed of help by a complete stranger. I have seen such instances as I’ve mentioned before in my blog, those unselfish acts en route my commuter trips.

In the harsh reality we call ‘today’s world’, it’s hard to find someone who does something without having an ulterior motive. Some say that selfless individuals are a dying breed but I can’t bring myself to believe that. There has to be good people out there. They may be a little harder to find nowadays, but I have faith that they’re out there and some day, we will cross path. That’s why whenever we do cross paths; I will take the opportunity to tell their story.

After all, you can talk the TALK, BUT can you walk the WALK? Or you’re just another one that only TALK C**K!!

It’s befitting that this weekend we celebrate Police Day! Kudos to the Police Officer the other day…….hell, I miss the ‘Bobby of Scotland Yard’!