Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Friday, December 14, 2007

Between sweat, swearing and a song!

On the way back home yesterday, my car’s engine died just in front of Dayabumi. Luckily it was downhill all the way down to the junction nearby KTM so I had to steer my shitty car that I have clocked million of miles on!

I was glad that I actually managed to park the car at a safe place without disturbing the traffic flow. I got off the rush hour traffic with all my body parts intact and a semblance of a car.

Oh…btw…I apologize to my dearest and my parents whom I called and freaked out to on the phone…I am what you might call “not-ms-fix-it”. I can change the oil…and jump the battery (but I only know how to do that because I had gone through a period of about 6 months where I had left my lights on about 23 times…the last straw being when my car died about a month ago at the drive through window of the McDonalds due to the battery just completely having enough of me and my crap.

So today I’m car-less! With the promise of la la land tonight, my dearest kindly send me to work.

Anyway, yesterday, the organization was buzzing with results of the staffs year end performance review. From miles away, you can see people with long faces that looks like their cat just died, people with angry faces that look like their car got scratched by some hooligans and some people with happy stupid wide grin on their faces like they’ve just won the lottery.

And they say that performance review’s result must be kept confidential!