Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Friday, June 15, 2007

Health alert!

My most friendly point of reference at work has decided to tender in her resignation to become a full time mom. I’m sad but also happy for her at the same time. I told her superior if it was possible that her replacement be someone happening, young, preferably a handsome single male (What? Everybody need to ‘cuci mata’ too in the office! Motivation meh!). Actually I wouldn’t say no to a ‘soft’ man too (What? I like them! We can talk fashion and they normally know gossips better than a ‘normal’ person. Plus they tend to be honest!) and she gave me a weird stare (What? Its just a simple request). But I can bet on my ‘Petaling Street’ Coach purse that finding characters like the above (lelaki lembut) in my organization is like finding a fish that can cycle.

*Somber mode on*

My auntie just had her breast removed to contain her cancerous cells. I was truly surprised and petrified when I first heard of it. Mak takut hokay! All this while I honestly thought that our family was immune to the disease having no history of cancer in the family but I was wrong! How foolish of me!

I had 'the twins' checked by a doctor last year so I guess I’m not due for at least another 2 years. But with this recent news, I remembered that there was a lump in my armpit years ago which the doctor said it was just clogged up sweat gland. I read somewhere that it can also be an early sign of cancer! Kan? Bloody hell, I can feel myself perspiring nervously in that region. Shit double shit! Now every twinge every tweak feels like a death trap : (

Tell me, was it small breasted or big breasted women that are prone to breast cancer? If that’s true then are well endowed men prone to testicular cancer?

Do men get breast cancer? Some men have far bigger bazonkers than us ladies right? Whatever it is, just be wary as it can happen to anyone at any age. Can a certain diet prevent it? I was reading about osteoporosis the other day and it just clicked me that brittle bones was not a serious problem for Malay women 50 years ago…why? MAYBE because women those days were so engrossed with Sirih and in the concoction was a heavy dose of Lime (Kapur) which is calcium..hmmm… think about it! Traditional vs Modern remedies?