Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sepandai tupai melompat...


A thief broke into our next door neighbour’s house yesterday. Luckily the security guard noticed this suspicious character hiding ‘under’ the car and started shouting at him. What was one doing under a car at 3 in the morning??? Obviously thieves are not blessed with an abundant IQ, he might have gotten away if only he’d thought of something else like gardening or even pretending to be a 5’5” Leprechaun…anyway, after all the commotion, our neighbour came out and what happened next made me wished that I was there. WWF was live in my neighborhood! It would definitely be an honour to personally help him pummeled the daylight out of the fool. It will be a great practice to actually beat on a real life punching bag!

Anyway the Police came, apprehended the pulp or rather a swollen faced Myanmar guy and his accomplice. It turned out that the previous 3 break-ins were also by the buffoons. I know the Burmese walk around in a sarong all the time, if he had brain and wore one last night… he might just got away from the guard who would think he’s the owner of the house. Dumb ass!

All these happened while I was sleeping! Sleeping! If there was an atomic bomb….I might have woken up…

Can you believe it? Me who is a very light sleeper actually slept through the whole thing. My neighbour just had a baby and whenever she woke up to feed the baby, I will be awaken along with her that it’s like having a newborn in the house all over again. And that is how easily I can be awakened!

But somehow, yesterday I actually had a nice dreamless night contrary to what when on next door.

What baffled me though was why did the idiot chose the house next door and not ours (thank godlah) since being at the end, he can easily hide in our garden. When we first moved in, we did the usual ritual of ‘pagar rumah’! So does this mean it actually worked??

Anyway, last night, our stretch of road had taken the initiative to start ‘rukun tetangga’. After all, the guard can only be one place at one time. This new ‘Taman’ is still being developed which sees us encountering strangers at every turn so our own precaution is necessary.

Does this mean I have to learn to make a very strong mean taste hot coffee?
HELP!