Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Monday, September 24, 2007

Driving sensation!

I got lost today! Yes people, I am really really lousy with directions. I kid you not. When it comes to directions, I have shorter memory span than of Dory from Finding Nemo.

You put me in a new place; I get lost.

You let me practice driving to the new place for 2 weeks before hand, I still get lost.

If I haven’t been driving to a certain place for more than 2 weeks, I’ll most likely get lost.


Make me drive to a place in the daytime where I usually drive during the night (or vice versa); I get lost.

I keep getting lost, even on journeys I've done 100 times as a passenger.

Anyway, I was super early to work this morning but put it down to my luck…no parking spots! All my favourite spots were already filled up…sabar jelah. Being puasa month and all, I nicely cursed in my head. I decided to drive around trying to find another spot.

In the early morning darkness and quietness, it was quite hard to see where I was going. I just kept driving and driving, looking right and left, there wasn't another car in sight. I was actually driving for only few minutes (but it had seemed like hours) when I realized that I have actually ventured into a new ‘never gone before’ territory. Then the panic started to set in. I just kept thinking that I would run out of gas and there wouldn't be any other cars, and I would be stuck here and I wouldn't ever.... bottom line was, I panicked!

Swallowing my pride, I had to call my colleague for direction back to the office (like how spastic can I be!).

At the end, I had to park illegally.

Duh!