Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Burning money away!

It’s not raya if you don’t see people playing firecrackers, newspapers reporting stories about children fingers/limbs getting amputated, eyes being blown away and hair being singed all due to firecrackers. What is it about firecrackers that have people from all ages fascinated and excited by them.

When I was young, I had two prominent accidents involving them.

First, my pyromaniac brother, for some reason that only he can make sense of actually burnt a small hole on my left palm which left a small scar until now. The scar may not be that visible to the naked eyes but believe me its there! (yes mima, I’m talking about my one and only brother!). Once when I was challenged to see an astrologer for palm reading, she paused a while when she got to the left palm… she actually said that,’You have the mark of the ‘Special One’…. Shiiish!! I don’t look like Jose Mourinho do I?? Memang sah kencing punya kes!!!

Second, again the big bully punya angkara when he purposely pulled one of those cracker-jacks knowing how terrified I was with them which saw me running a 100km/h and tried to do a David Copperfield into a door…. the head-on collision (no airbags mind you..) split open my upper lip! And again, you may not see the scar but believe me its there! (and yet again, yes mima, I’m talking about him!)

Anyway, yesterday I bought a few for cheeky bom bom and my dearest and me to play. Surmise to say that I was a very very careful driver yesterday for fear of being hailed by the police. I could just imagine today’s headline:

“A banker arrested in possession of illegal firecrackers!”

Shiiish, the risk I take for my loved ones!

Enough said though, oh what a joy it was to see the big laughter on them and me!