Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Come what may...Part 1

Life has been pretty hectic with really bad weather, a viral flu attack and lots of unfortunate events. Amidst sniffles, echoing ears, dizziness and a nose resembling Rudolf, I’m typing away furiously as if it’s my last memoir on some stuff that I’ve learned over the week….

1. I have never played Darts before and have always thought that it’s a game for beer bellied British yobs that have had wee bit too much to drink at the local Pub! Well this week, having been down with flu, I have decided to play the so called ‘Poor Man’s Archery’ for my inter department’s games. Yeah, it’s easy to just throw randomly at the board but what I didn’t know was the catch at the end! I didn’t know that in order to win, we needed to finish off with a double! It was bloody difficult I tell you! Unless your aim is as accurate as cupid, have steady wrists, a proud owner of a huge beer belly that act as a balancing counter weight (proving gravity exists) and you have been playing everyday since 1968, then it’s going to be peanuts for youlah! But for a novice like me…hell, I’d have a better chance to bed Brad Pitt AND Clooney at the same time!!!

I shall never pooh pooh those who can master the so called easy game, again!

2. When one had to attend a seminar with delegates from all over the world, one tends to find that the world is indeed very small and it’s getting smaller! Small because I had the good fortune to meet few of my uni mates of the same industry who came from various places around the world during a financial forum session in M’sia last week. Smaller because some of them are already in ‘Facebook’ thus I’m expecting to reconnect with them pretty soon!

3. Is 1st Runner-up the best among the losers or the first LOSER?? Some play only to win, one will find all sorts of ways to win. Last weekend, my so called ‘Community of Suburbia’ had a ‘pesta muhibah’ where each Cul de Sac on Westeria Lane had to set up a free food booth. On the eleventh-hour, we discovered that there was actually a prize for the most attractive and happening booth. We were pretty relaxed about it even though our booth was really bare whilst the other booths were decorated with flowers, balloons, banners, their grandmothers..etc. But one of my neighbours was so upset that she kicked a fuss with the organiser for not telling us about the competition and huffing and puffing she drove off leaving us dazed. She came back few minutes later, her car packed to the brim with literally her whole house’s contents! She brought flower pots, curtains, her children’s white board, table cloth, etc, you name it, everything but the kitchen sink!! And I must say that the booth looked pretty amazing once she finished decorating but she was still not satisfied! We were told… err actually, we were Ordered to wear red t-shirts for the night. With fire in her eyes, red sweaty face and sticky oily hair, we were not going to argue with this demonic looking fire breathing soccer mother of three. Grown men and women, children from all ages, all nodding in defeat, recognising Hitler was in the house. Believe it or not, we actually won the main prize which we gave to her of course.

No Fear Never Surrender!


To be continued...