Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Friday, November 02, 2007

Ambil galah tolong tunjukkan..

Yesterday, one of my closest girlfriends confided in me that she is separating from her husband. This is the 2nd time I’ve been shocked to silence with such revelations. How do one act in this kind of situation?

Does one starts bashing the hubby? Be a good friend by agreeing with all the nasty allegations against the hubby?

Does one starts hugging and give consoling words?

Does one advise her to seek marriage counsel?

Does one offer financial aids?

And in both situations, I did not know how to act. All I did was told her the truth. I told her that I don’t know what to say but if she needs a helping hand, a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on or a place to get away from it all, I'll always be there for her!

Did I do the right thing?

Should I say a bit more?

Was there anything else I should offer?

I guess I don’t have the answer to everything!