Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Monday, November 26, 2007

A little revelation!

Do I have any talents? No. Zero! Unless you call being able to name almost any handbags by label and designer, yes, I do have a talent. Albeit, completely useless unless my career path were to lead me into being a professional crime witness involving identifying handbags. I don't think that pays very well.

Or so I thought!

As Eleanor Roosevelt said:

“A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong she is until she’s in hot water”.

When it comes to handling life's big and little situations, you probably have quite a few skills that you don't think twice about. Life sends a challenge your way; you stay strong in the moment, and then figure out which skills are needed to handle it.

Today a colleague pointed out a fact that I have missed. I have been consulted by quite a number of people when they ran into a problem. I realized then I’m pretty good at manipulating potential disasters into personal glories.

So I guess I do have a talent! Even if it’s just the ability to do some quick thinking in order to solve a problem.

In my personal and professional experience, I have passed at least one hot water test.

I bet you have too!

So! What special skills/strengths do you have for handling life's big and little situations?