Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

50th Birthday!

This year is Malaya's 50th Merdeka Day and I have to say that I am truly proud to be a Malaysian.

Having been to so many countries, the saying that nothing beats our home country is really true. Where else can we find teh tarik/mee mamak at 3am by the roadside, nasi campur spread during lunchtime, pisang goreng n segala kuih muih by the road side during teatime, the word 'lah', the word 'sayang' which if used at different intonations can mean a lot of things, the caption 'Malaysia Boleh' both in negative and positive manners, mat rempits, 5pm crawling traffic, highways that have cracks everywhere yet can still get CFs, multi racial thus diverse cultures, peacefulness and safety comfort....among others!

I am a malay who looks so much like a chinese who at times speak like an indian!!!

Wonders never cease that with all the 'rojak' blood that I have in my genes, my chinese blood will dominate my whole outlook. Although i have dabbled a bit in mandarin class but because not a day goes by without someone trying to speak chinese to me, that I am able to understand what they are trying to convey which does not necessarily mean I can reply but enough to give out the right expression :D