Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Crazy sisters!


EL

El was born when I was 13 years old. Being the third and the last in the family, I was basking in the attention and love from everybody in the family. Naturally when a new baby comes along, I was resentful and very jealous. That was until I discovered that having a new baby was very useful. She would be the guest at my imaginary tea party, she would be my imaginary talking baby doll, I would practice applying makeup on her chubby face and trying out clothes and various hair accessories. Very practical indeed!!

I thought she was the ugliest baby I had seen then. In the eyes of 13 yrs old, the world was divided into cute and ugly, nothing in between. But the moment she got her teeth and hair and became chubbier, she was the most adorable toddler I’ve seen then. Of course, I had grown up a bit by then. With her big eyes, long silky straight black hair, chubby cheeks and full lips, she was the ‘star’ in her kiddy. Few years past, she cut her hair short and dawn was the tomboyish era. Kureng sikit! Then she discovered boys and started grooming herself but had to grapple with facial skin problem pulak. But she turned out all right at the end. People always telling mum how much Tish look like Siti Nurhaliza but personally with the right makeup applied, I think El looks more like Siti eh?

She’s all grown up now and is leaving us to further her studies soon. I wish her well. Although I wish that she would play the field a bit more but I think she has set her heart to be loyal to one person. She’s got a good heart but can be very rebellious at times. Years ago, ‘macam anjing and kucing’ would probably best describe my relationship with my brother but now I would have to hand over my crown to her and mum!

Oh and btw, we thought she was going to be the last hence her nick name being baby. Even though two more babies came along later, to her chagrined, the nickname prevails!

To Baby, away from home will make you realize how much you would miss home especially mum. Not the rest of us but mum! Believe me! Been there and done that! Try to make lots of new friends especially boys and broaden your horizon and views on life. You can’t live and eat on love alone. Financial security is still important. Don’t forget to travel. Now is the time to do lots of that! But most of all, don’t neglect your studies especially if you want to work where I’m working now!! Hoh!