Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My baby! Part 1


















She was born at 2.56pm on 31st January 2002 weighing 2.72 kg. I was in labour for 18 hours after being induced twice. I can’t even begin to describe the pain! If my belly were to be slashed over and over again by the sharpest scalpel, then that could be it. She was my own little miracle, a gift from god. Only those closest to me were privy to the difficulty I had to face to conceive and finally carry her for 34 weeks. But all that was well worth it. To see her growing everyday, to watch her mischievous and funny antics whilst discovering the world and to actually learn some new things together with her, is definitely something I would never trade for anything else…ever!


Her first word was of course mama! Her bathing equipment had ranged from periuk to the sink to baldi and to mini pool. I find that everyone who has ever babysat her at one point of time would normally favour her even until now. It’s not fair I know, but who wouldn’t want their child to be the favourite one kan?

She’s the product of mixtures of genes. All the blood of mamak, Indian, Chinese, Turkish, Javanese, bugis, baba nyonya and malay combined giving life to her! The moment I stepped out from the house with her, I have yet to encounter days without having someone come up to me and compliment on her looks. It made me glow with pride but it made my dearest collecting ‘rotan’ for future beating of boys hounding our lives to date her!


When she first discovered the word ‘kakak’ at the tender age of two, she insisted we called her ‘kakak’. There was one time in the car, we were talking about her, when suddenly from the back comes this small voice stating ‘kakaklah’! She loves to sing! Now at the age of 5, her knowledge of the latest pop singers surpassed even mine! I can only imagine what the future would hold!! Among our prized possessions are the tapes we made of her singing when she first learned to talk. And boy, can she talk! The only time we see her stop talking was when she sleeps, even then, she always ‘mengigau’ in her sleep!














Oh and she's smart too. She was at the top of her class last year and the teachers actually gave her a party. See what I told you about favouritism?? I even received a call from the teacher late last year asking whether she's coming back to the school this year simply because some of the boys will only go to the same school if she is also going! Hoh! I should ask for an advertisement fee...shish!
















I could go on and on talking about her but for now, this will do.

She’s my pride and joy! She’s the product of eternal love! She’s my cheeky bom bom!