Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

To add or not to add?

From the moment my husband said I do, we were bombarded with the one million dollar question ‘bila nak dapat anak’? Hello…we are still trying to digest the fact that we have just signed our lives away to wake up to the same face for the next 50 year or so and of course the fact that we were plain broke, to think further than where our next meal going to come from! Throughout the next few months of post marital, that question popped up once too many times. My dearest hubby came up with some cheeky answers to stop the blushing people from asking further.

Anyway to our delight the question stopped the moment we conceived. My hope of having an extended honeymoon period went down the drain. It was great though having fussed over by everyone. I discovered early on that I just need to say the word and people would be scrambling here and there trying to accommodate my needs regardless the hour. Of course I was not aware that this is just a devise to keep my mind off the horror that I was about to face.

Someone ask me once about the birth pain. To be honest, I could not recall the exact feeling but this was what I told him, “Pull your tongue out the furthest that you can. Is it painful? No? Now pull it out and over your head! That was what it was like to me!” It doesn’t help to have both mothers (mine and in law) watching the whole process from doctor’s point of view and making remarks as if they were the football commentators..(push harder, its crowning, eeww, look at all the blood, etc). If it’s not for the sight of my beautiful daughter rendered me speechless, I would have died from embarrassment by the whole ordeal. By the way, I think all mothers would have said their daughter was the most beautiful thing they have ever laid eyes upon, when in actual fact, newly born babies are actually just cute (ugly but adorable) with their bloated, pale skin, plastered with blood.

Anyway, once I gave birth, we thought that was that. Boy, were we wrong! The question came back, ‘bila nak tambah’.

Oh boy….will it ever ends?