Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Friday, July 27, 2007

Nt Fny k!

Today at work, someone responded to an email with LMK in the middle of a sentence. I figured out pretty quickly that this meant "let me know". I recognized it quick because txt spk has bcm so n my fckng fce. I hate it. I hate lol and I hate gtg and I hate one that is something like rmlfao, because I have no idea what it means (attention dorks: I am pretty sure that the last one I typed isn't correct... I know it and am comfortable with it and dnt cr wht it mnz).

What bothers me most about it is that people seem to just make these up and hope they catch on. LMK? Never heard it before today. It might be popular in chat rooms, but I really don't want it at work. I don't want to have to figure out what made up acronyms mean. Has OOO caught on yet for Out of Office, because it should. The first person who sends me and out of office reply that says "Blah Blah is OOO," I am going to sign up their email address to every possible spam sender I can find.I just don't like this becoming part of every day life. It's becoming too prevalent. I wouldn't be surprised if I got a text message after the death of a family member that read, srry abt yr lss

I had to resort asking my friends the meaning of it all which was quite embarrassing hokay. I do have an image to uphold after all and to be IT savvy was one of it! WAS!