Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Order of the Phoenix-The verdict!

Now with all due respects to Harry Potter fans out there, I’m sorry to say this……

I was sooooo let down by the movie. All the hype, the marketing, the publicity went down the drain within 21/2 hours. I went in with full swing of enthusiasm and it went kaput….woshh! It was a big disappointment, to me at least. There was not much magical action to begin with. The new director did exactly what Umbridge wanted to do which was to curb the practical bit of practicing magic…boo hoo! All the excitement was at the end which was a very very short scene. You all know the 'Expellimus' spell right? You must be familiar with that right? Even my pet cat knows that spell. Yeah, that was about all the chanting you can hear throughout the movie. Oy Mr. Yates, no more idea ka? You have saddened Potterites world over! I think Im gonna naik Air Asia lari ke Cambodia and drown myself there.

To my dearest (not a fan), the movie was a big blur. I suggested that he read the book to understand the movie better but he said that the thickness of the book scares him..aish!

Let’s just pray that 21st July will not be another bummer!


p/s there was a very funny article in The Star today comparing Harry Potter and Malaysian..it was quite comical but sorry there is no link to it. Go get you lazy butt off your chair and read the actual hard copy...go! Jangan malas!