Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Split personalities!

A fellow blogger brought up a very interesting point recently where he said that most bloggers he has met are really quite different from the rubbish written in their blog.
i.e. blog=funny, real life=square, vice-versa!

Why blog if you’re going to be different from the real you?

For me, a blog is another manifestation of diaries. I used to keep diaries and substituted the boys name into girls name which mum eventually found out and I got punished! i.e. Sara looked at me today…. soooo cute!!. Wasn’t sure if mom was furious because she knew I was talking about boys or she actually thought I was leaning towards being a lesbian or what they call a ‘Pengkid’… anyhow I’ve sworn back then never to keep a diary. But itu cerita dulu, cerita budak2 zaman Cabbage Patch Kids.


Now, I got nothing to hide hence a digital diary! It will be good for my children’s children to read this blog and learn about their grandmother and her frolics (if this blog can exist that long!).

Though it’s kinda weird how people can alter their personalities via blogging…kan? Maybe for some it’s a form of ‘Escapism’ an outlet to let their frustrations out. In Europe these people (ironically mostly are middle aged white male) indulge in cross-dressing, wearing stilettos, fish-net stockings and what’s more moronic is wearing an Anorak watching trains go by….’Train Spotting’ they say….Bleedin’ Stupid Wankers I say.


I mean, my thinking goes straight to my mouth hence my personality and so the same thinking translates into writing. So bukan ke our personality will infuse in our writing? If I have something smart to say…I say it….if not I Talkkok lah!

Btw, incase you haven’t noticed, my blog is what Phoebe of Friends would call my happy place’ for happy thoughts like the garden of Telly Tubbies and not for serious matters. I’ve enough of that in the office plus we have many other 'sane' bloggers to discuss these serious issues…as interesting as a tub of lard sitting next to your grandma’s dentures on the kitchen cabinet! Mine is where I unwind, relax and blog brainlessly! Heheh, is there such an expression?? Whatever….

Anyway, this blog is me! What you read here is almost as good as talking to me in the flesh! Obviously not 100% of my personality can be captured via blog..itu miracle namanya! But for sure, there’s no split personalities, no Son of Sam, no Ted Bundy …at least I don’t think so…

So nice to make acquaintance with all of you!