Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bring it on uols!

Mak sungguh kecewa!

Our annual dinner is this Saturday but yet there was hardly any peep about it. Back at my old work place, a month before the actual dinner, there would be some competitions, quizzes or fashion shows in line with the theme for the dinner. Everywhere you go you would hear snatches of conversation of people exchanging tips on the costumes with mounting excitement. There would be banners or posters around the workplace and once in a while you will get emails from the committee on dressing tips for that night. It was a big thing.

For a shopaholic, the whole thing would bring on continuous orgasm. For normal people, the event would equal a fashion gala or some awards event. In my gang, we had a gay friend who was most skilled in turning our sad ugly faces into something recognizably cute. And don’t talk about the prizes! In every 3 person, one would always win something, it was THAT good.

But here! Nada! Yilek! Zilch! Even the prizes I heard were like 50 people to 1? So when you said lucky draw, it’s really for the very very lucky ones! With my recent mud bath record, luck is definitely not on my side..uhuk..uhuk

Looks like financial wiz don’t know how to have fun. I wonder if I can revolutionize the whole event next year. Will my ideas be accepted or will I be kicked out the door? First, let’s just pray that my luck would change by Saturday!