Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Monday, May 21, 2007

Diamond baby read a Malay novel...gasp!

Last friday, I read malay novel for the 1st time in donkey years; to support my budding writer friend. On the surface, I’m more than willing to try anything new. I’ve laid snakes on my shoulder before, I plucked my bare hands into a tub of maggots before, and I watched a Paris Hilton movie before too. Yeah, that was a traumatic one. So when the chance to read a newly finished untouched virgin book was offered to me, I said bring it on! To be honest, I really cannot remember the last time I read a malay novel…if ever! But this one pleasantly caught me by surprise. Best siot!!!

The thing is, my organization encourage reading habits to the point of reimbursing staffs for any purchase on books. So I would regularly go on book ‘frenzy, rampage, ran amok….like I’ve never seen books all my life before’ excursions. Ok…so that was a little over….tapi suka mak lah!

I’m absolutely anal about book fair walaupun ianya adalah seperti night market held in open air. Those giant unglamorous fans that blows your hair out of proportion stood in every corner you can find. The whole area is packed with jostling people browsing books everywhere. Promoters hollered great deals over the microphone like their selling pots and pans in a night market.But oh the discounts……it’s crazy I’m telling you.
It’s a haven for book whores!

Normally I would go home contented with enough to read for a year man! But not once I came back with a malay novel not even picking up to read the summary.


But now, gosh! You just don’t know what you’re missing!