Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Friday, May 04, 2007

Love thy neighbours!

Its 9.07pm, 53 mins to go before beauty sleep claims me. Anyway before I do that, I wanna complain! I’ve been procrastinating on this subject due to the fact that I might just hit the right button with my writing and offend the person I really want to offend! But enough is enough; I’ve just about had it up to my cute earlobes.

It’s my neighbours! 2 of them to be exact! I hate people who would force me to hear some scandal/rumor/gossips in the name of conversation! For heaven sake, I am not interested to know who’s house got a new kitchen cabinet, whose maid just ran off… with whose husband, who is having an affair, who is fighting with whom and me slowly dying inside writhing with disgust, holding on to my own vomit while outwardly feigned interest. I hate gossipers! Period! Oh, don’t get me wrong! I’m no saint! I do gossip! But not all the bleeping time, not 24 hours, 7 days a week…put a sock in itlah! Haiyah… don’t they subscribe to Astro or Streamyx.. I wonder. Plus I only gossip on things that I know the absolute truth not just on something base on my hunch and imagination.

And I noticed that it’s mostly the housewives who are most interested to ‘discuss’ about others at the drop of a hat. Mind you I said mostly, coz I was a housewife at 2 points of my life but under no circumstances was I bored enough to indulge myself in those tittle-tattle meaningless conversation.

Little wonder that I could only manage to be jobless for just a couple of months on both occasions. I find myself bored out of my skull not having proper grownup mature conversation during the day. Short of browsing the net, joined forums, bombarding my working friends with phone calls, I’d actually limit myself to subject my mind to these tête-à-têtes for just during the afternoon. Even then I would normally excuse myself early. I’d say something like,’Excuse me… I think I forgot to turn off the Uranium Enriching thingamagic in the kitchen. Pyongyang really needs them tomorrow lah… see you..’.


Why do I do it then? There might be some news that may be of importance to me and my family such as theft, fogging, dengue news…etc plus neither do I want to be seen as the lofty neighbour. I also wouldn’t want to be labeled as a social outcast.

But to gossip…no ma’am, not me!

Oh I also hate it when people kept on asking when to add another brood to my family. Eh, sukati akulah bila aku nak tambah anak! Maybe I enjoy the baby making process so much that I want to prolong those pleasurable moments for as long as I can, maybe I don’t want to add or maybe I don’t think it’s the right time yet. But the point is, it’s my life, I decide what I want to do or not to do. If I want your opinion or advise, I’ll ask for it! Else, shut the hell up!

If only I have the audacity as my dearest, he’d come up with the most shocking answers such as ‘Hang nak sponsor susu ke?’ Or ‘Selalu sangat tengok Blue sebab tu asyik pancut kat muka je… mana nak dapat!!’ He can be really rude and shock the living daylights of the kepo makciks but sometimes you have to be just to shut them up…

Oh, those evil bitches!