Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Monday, May 07, 2007

Sweating like pigs...


It’s been scorching these past few days that my dearest hung up his hammock under our cherry tree on our sprawling 20’ by 75’ orchard (yeah right!) last weekend to enjoy the occasional breeze. Unfortunately for him, the neighbourhood children got to hear of it and practically created a ‘Village Fair’ hanging over at our house to have a go at the hammock. I told him that it’s much better to be inside in the full aircond blast rather than swinging under the blistering sun especially seeing we are still recovering from severe sun burn and skin peel like a python. But from time to time, I would catch the Boy Scout in him forlornly glancing at the children outside. So yesterday I did something that’s very unneighbourly of me…I locked the gate! Not very sporting of me but I think he deserves a day to laze on it without having to fight off the competition. *patting my back*

On Saturday my gf told me that she’s trying, opps make that have tried her hand in writing novels. Amazing rite! Her 1st book is already at the editor and am now well into her 2nd book. I told her that she should start her own blog but she’s not too comfortable of the idea pouring out her personal life on the net. It’s really amazing how people can rise up to the challenge of writing her own novel. The months you spend researching, exploring ideas…gosh, you really need to be resilient and tolerant…umm which traits I have absolutely none! Did I tell you guys that this budding writer actually met the love of her life when we borrowed the ‘dunk-in booth’ from the drooling Johannians during the school carnival? High school sweethearts!!! I haven’t come across many like that. Her love story alone is worthy of another novel!! Good luck to you Zie! Knowing you, I’m sure it will be a bestseller! Who knows she could be another JK Rowling in the making….. who knows anyone of us could be another JK Rowling! From a single parent living on welfare to someone richer than the Queen within 10 years of publishing her first Harry Potter!!!

Family front, a few weeks ago, my dearest brought home a (very) large plastic clear clipboard for cheeky bom bom to scribble on. Initially, I was opposed to the idea coz no joke, the thing is huge and it’s not as if she doesn’t already have a little blackboard in her room to write on. But this weekend, I finally admitted defeat! My dearest and his sisters had a little conference regarding the family business and the board came in handy for a little mind mapping chart and the fact that we are the only house on the block without graffiti walls. Usually one would know that there’s a 5 year old (Australians call’em Ankle Biters) in the house if the walls are full of crayon scribbles and you’d have to wash the soap first before soaping your hands…It proves that sometimes even the most brilliant mind can be wrong….echeh!