Welcome to paradise....

Welcome to paradise....

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

MIHAS 2007
















MIHAS 2007 was officiated by Pak Lah himself and blessed by our Agong and his lovely consort. With such high profile figures turning up to support the Halal industry, a huge crowd was not a surprise. Temper, mine, was extremely high. Try circling around KLCC fifteen times under an extreme hot sun looking for a parking spot but to no avail and you tell me if you can still drive calmly without cursing in every foul language you can think of!!!!









Trying to make me smile now is as easy as convincing Samy Vellu to retire from politics…I suppose they’ve thought of everything for the place to be an international convention centre as it can be until you notice the surprising lack of parking spaces. Another problem with KLCC is the traffic flow, with office traffic, supplier trucks, convention visitors all converging into the over stressed Jalan Pinang…peergh!!






For those that will be in such circumstances i.e to be involved in the opening by PM at KLCC, all nearby parking charges RM7 per entry try this….. park at UOA or Kenanga Building. They still charge a normal RM2.50 for the 1st hour and RM2 for the subsequent hours. But the best advice is to get on the LRT!!! No worries mate….if u had to park at KLCC or K Avenue, you’d be walking about the same distance plus u will be slapped with a pretty high parking fee!

By the time I parked at the super scary basement car park of K-Avenue, I was practically pulling chunks of hair out! Worse still was when I finally reached KLCC Convention Centre Hall 5, I discovered that our booth is at Hall 1…WTF!!! Dripping with sweat, my suit plastered all over my body and my tongue practically hanging out right down to my pinkie, I made my way along the never-ending hallway. Thank god we were given company’s shirt to wear on that day, else without shame I would prolly strip down to my flowery panty!!

Anyway, the exhibition was good! Good food, good ambience, good response and I actually met few old friends so yeah, it turned out to be a good day.

p/s can I be more spastic in taking pictures than I already am??? must be the excitement!! it couldn't be that i'm really a bad photographer...could it? no right? right? damn!!!!!